Board & Staff
Board of Governors
The Cathedral Grammar School is governed by a Trust Board, the members of which are appointed by the Dean and Chapter of ChristChurch Cathedral. The Warden of the school is The Bishop of Christchurch.
The Trust Board may comprise up to 14 members:
- The Dean of Christchurch
- Seven members appointed by Chapter
- Three members appointed by Chapter from nominations by the Friends' Association (parents)
- Three members appointed by Chapter from nominations by the Grammarians' Association (former pupils)
- Mrs A Foote LLB (Hons), BCA (Chair)
- Ms C Bellette MBA (Dist.), B.Com.
- Mr R Dennis B.A., B.Sc.
- The Very Reverend Lawrence Kimberley
- Mr AM Oorschot BCom, CA(PP), CMA
- Mr H Rolleston
- Mr HDP van Schreven LLB
- Mrs Amelia Simpson B.A., LLB
- Mr R Spurway B.E.
For more information on the Board and the members please follow the link. Board biographies
The backbone of our school, our teachers are well qualified and highly skilled. Small class sizes and generous resourcing allow the staff to provide the very best learning for each child. Extensive use of specialist teachers, at all levels, to supplement the core classroom activities and subjects ensures that each staff member has the time to provide individualised support to each pupil.